This year we are delighted to offer to all BAST members the possibility of a joint subscription at lower cost, both in the BAST and the Royal Belgian Society for Surgery. In this way surgical trainees can already get familiar with an organization that can represent the interests of the surgeon after his/her training. Instead of individual registration for the BAST at € 20 and registration for the RBSS at € 50, the total fee of RBSS-BAST block membership amounts to only € 60. This block-membership does not imply additional administrative burden; e.g. there is no need to search for two godfathers anymore.
This way you will be registered for the BAST membership during the academic year 2015-2016 and the RBSS membership for the calendar year 2016, which you means you get the first 4 months RBSS-membership for free!
If you are already a member of RBSS as a junior member and also want to join BAST, you can become BAST member for only 10 € extra. Follow the same procedure below to the enrollment form.
Full RBSS-BAST block membership moreover offers additional advantages such as :
- . Reduced attendance fee for the Belgian Surgical week (BSW) and Surgical Night. At the BSW 2015 the difference between members and non-members of the RBSS being € 60 for one and € 70 for two days registration; this difference will probably further increased in the future.
- . Easier access to the Belgian surgical network
- . Free subscription to the “Acta Chirurgica Belgica” (six issues annually)
- . Free access to the RBSS website – member avenue
- . Invitations to all national and international meetings and courses distributed by the RBSS secretariat.
- . Access to grants offered to the best oral communications at the BSW
- . Free access to postgraduate courses organized annually by the different sections of the RBSS (Belgian Section of Upper GI Tract Surgery, Hepato-pancreatico-biliary Surgery, Colorectal surgery, Abdominal wall surgery, Metabolic and obesity surgery etc…)
We hope to welcome you as one of our members this year, in order to shape together our future professional curriculum. We also hope to have convinced you to adhere to the proposed BAST-RBSS block-membership allowing you to become full member of both societies. Please enrol or renew your subscription before the end of September in order to maximize your advantages… and to take already profit of the upcoming first cadaver course that will take place October 9th at Ghent University.
We all wish you a good start of your surgical residency of this upcoming academic year 2015-2016!
The BAST board 2015 – 2016
Kim Govaerts - Emi Yoshihara - Julien Possoz
Yanina Jansen - Leander Maes
and the RBSS board
Please renew your subscription before the end of September.
Standard fee of € 25 or RBSS & BAST BLOCK membership at a reduced cost of € 65
Payment is only possible by bank transfer at the account of BAST
IBAN: BE65 6451 2345 8096, BIC: JVBABE22.