The Royal Belgian Society for Surgery has been erected in 1893 to study, develop, teach and spread surgical science. Its goal is realized by:
- promoting ongoing surgical education and formation of established surgeons;
- erecting sections to promote surgical sub disciplines;
- erecting commissions and task forces with clear defined tasks;
- promoting collaboration between surgical or medical organizations, nationally as well as internationally;
- acting as an advisory board by supplying advices to third parties about surgical problems with an ethical, economical or political dimension;
- publishing a journal;
- maintaining a website.
Please read further to know more about the society, the sections, the affiliated societies or how to become a member!
For any other information, please contact the secretariat of RBSS.