The RBSS is happy to announce a new initiative being a photo contest. The chosen topic is in relation to the general theme of the BSW, being “The expanding Universe of Surgical Technology”.
- This photo contest is open to surgeons, nurses, trainees.
- Participants do not need to be members of the RBSS, but should be part of the groups as indicated above.
- Evaluation will be based on quality, originality and conformity with the proposed theme.
- Written authorisation of any recognisable person is mandatory.
- Black/white or colour snapshots are allowed.
- No visible company name or label on the picture is allowed
- Each participant authorizes the RBSS to use the submitted picture to promote the contest in the future, with discharging the society of request for permission of reprints. The RBSS commits itself to mention the author’s name on the picture and to saveguard non-commercial use of the pictures sent, where the final rights on the picture(s) stay with the author.
- Submission of a JPEG file, to be sent the latest by 15th April to the RBSS at firstname.lastname@example.org. The RBSS will print the pictures all the same size and foresees exhibition space in the conference venue.
- one prize attributed by the board of the RBSS
- one prize attributed by the public
- one digital camera per prize